ALA will not be an ACT or SAT test site this year.
Earlier in the year, we announced plans to be a site for the May SAT so that our juniors could test in their own school setting. Recently, we were informed that we have not been selected as a site. The reason given was that there are many other sites in this area, so College Board deemed it unnecessary to create an additional site for this date.
Also, as previously announced, last year was the final year that we used ACT for school testing purposes. ACT will not be given at ALA this spring.
Because of these two developments, ALA juniors and parents should know the following about taking the ACT and/or SAT:
- It is the student’s responsibility to register for an ACT or SAT testing date and site. ALA no longer will register students as a group.
- Juniors may take either the SAT or ACT or both tests. All colleges accept both.
- Testing should be started in the spring of junior year. Results will be ready for college applications in fall, and there will still be time to retest in senior year to try for better scores.
- When registering for an exam, you will select the date and site convenient for you.
- Be sure to include ALA’s school code, 030262, so that we will receive the test scores to include on transcripts that will go to colleges.
- Payment of each test is the responsibility of the student/family. However, if the cost of the test is a hardship (see the SAT eligibility chart and the ACT chart), fee waivers may be requested from Mrs. Jaehnig in the ALA office. Please do not request if you do not fall within those parameters.