The AIA and PlayVS are proud to announce league competition for esports with both a fall and spring season.
Players compete from their respective campus, supervised by a coach. Currently through PlayVS, students can compete in teams of five for League of Legends and SMITE, and teams of three for Rocket League, three of the most popular titles in esports. Each school year is divided into two regular seasons, Fall and Spring, each with their own playoff season. Since esports is played online, there is no travel required throughout the regular season
Esports League Structure
There will be two seasons each school year, ALA is playing in the fall season (September-December)
- Players must agree to follow the rules for fair play as stated in the "Player Code of Conduct."
- Participation fee is $150. (This covers the cost of AIA participation fees and the purchase of necessary equipment)
Fall 2021 Schedule (September-December)
1. Preseason Practice on the Playvs.com platform.
- held on school days from 3:10 - 5:00 PM in room 10
- practices take place from 8/30 - 9/9
2. Regular Season Each team's record determines the standings for entering the Playoffs Season.
- the season runs from 9/13 - 11/4
- matches played on a weekly basis and consist of a set number of games.
3. Playoffs Season The top teams play in a single-elimination bracket until the finalists are determined.
Playoffs: 11/8 - 11/29 | Championships: TBD
League of Legends
Tuesdays at 4 PM | Two consecutive games (best-of-two)
Rule Book | Player Code of Conduct (print form)
Thursdays at 4 PM | Up to five consecutive games (best-of-five)
Rule Book | Code of Conduct (print form)