The AIA and PlayVS are proud to announce league competition for esports with both a fall and spring season. ALA is excited to be part of the inaugural season.
Congrats to our ALA Esports team for qualifying for the 16 team AIA State playoffs! Our Rocket League team, ranked #13, consists of Nathan Thompson, Wade Bebee, Aaron Sprain, and Charlie Feliciano, coached by Mr. Groth and Mr. Severeid. They completed their season in the first round of State on Jan. 9.
Esports League Structure
There will be two seasons each school year, ALA is playing in the fall season:
- Fall - October to January
- Practices will be held on school days from 3:10 - 5:00 PM in room 10.
- Matches are played on a weekly basis and consist of a set number of games.
League of Legends
Tuesdays at 4 PM | Two consecutive games (best-of-two)
Rule Book | Player Code of Conduct (print form)
Thursdays at 4 PM | Up to five consecutive games (best-of-five)
Rule Book | Code of Conduct (print form)
Fall 2019 Schedule
Each season is divided into 3 different phases.
1. Preseason Practice on the PlayVS platform.
Week 0: 10/14/2019 and 10/21/2019
2. Regular Season Each team's record determines the standings for entering the Playoffs Season.
Week 1: 10/28/2019
Week 2: 11/4/2019
Week 3: 11/11/2019
Week 4: 11/18/2019
Week 5: 12/2/2019
Week 6: 12/9/2019
Week 7: 12/16/2019
3. Playoffs Season The top teams play in a single-elimination bracket until the finalists are determined.
Playoffs: January 2020
- Players also must agree to follow the rules for fair play as stated in the "Player Code of Conduct."
- Participation fee is $150. (This covers the cost of AIA participation fees and the purchase of necessary equipment)